Leveraging its core advantages of location, system affiliation, and campus characteristics, the faculty and staff in LSBE provide a rich experience for students to become business professionals who pursue fulfilling futures creating value for communities and organizations. We:
- Develop and deliver innovative, industry-relevant, and rigorous academic programs in business and economics at the undergraduate and graduate levels taught by committed faculty utilizing engaging pedagogy;
- Emphasize experiential learning, both within the curriculum and through extracurricular opportunities;
- Conduct discipline-based, applied, and pedagogical research that advances the theory, practice, and teaching of business;
- Engage with the broader community of stakeholders through activities that are mutually beneficial;
- Create a pleasant learning environment for students through exceptional support services that make the college experience easily navigable and fulfilling.
The faculty and staff of the Labovitz School of Business and Economics create a compelling learning environment that makes LSBE a preferred destination for students who want a deep learning experience and employers who seek students prepared to thrive. The engaging, invigorating, and intellectually stimulating environment in LSBE challenges and supports all students in their learning journeys as they prepare to take on the biggest challenges that today’s businesses, society, and the world face.
We, the faculty, staff, and students, adhere to the following values to guide our actions, decisions, and
- Student Focus: First and foremost, the faculty and staff are educators whose work and decisions are driven by their impact on student outcomes.
- Inclusivity: We embrace the power of our plurality and the uniqueness of our individuality to bring about better outcomes for ourselves and our communities.
- Integrity: We set high expectations for each one of us individually as well as collectively and exhibit the highest ethical and professional standards in our pursuit of excellence.
- Pursuit of Knowledge: We seek out the creation and sharing of knowledge with the aim of improving ourselves and our communities.
1318 Kirby Drive
Duluth, MN 55812