Five-Year Strategic Plan
You are here
- To offer educational programs that are designed to prepare students to assume responsible positions in business and other organizations. The programs focus on core skills that are critical to success in one’s career and on knowledge and skills that provide an understanding of the process of management.
- To make peer-reviewed and other intellectual contributions that further the knowledge domain of a discipline, enhance the practice of management, and/or address pedagogical issues.
- To engage in outreach activities that bring industry closer to the School’s community of learners and make available the School’s intellectual resources to the broader community.
- To make meaningful service contributions to the communities of which we are a part of: departments, school, university, scholarly community, and society at large.
Five Year Strategic Priorities
The School’s strategic priorities represent strategic initiatives that will enable the School to achieve its mission, vision, and objectives. LSBE strategic priorities for the next five years (FY18 to FY22) include (not in order of priority):
- Increase enrollments in the MBA programs through programmatic innovations and strategic partnerships
- Improve LSBE retention and graduation rates while maintaining appropriate undergraduate enrollments
- Conduct degree-program level curricular review for undergraduate programs
- Continue emphasizing experiential learning for students across all majors, including increasing student involvement in research
- Increase opportunities for students for professional preparedness
- Improve coordination of LSBE communications and enhance LSBE’s digital presence
- Create an active community of scholars within LSBE for sharing best practices around teaching and research
- Increase fundraising efforts to provide more scholarships to students and support new initiatives
Approved by the LSBE Senate on April 28, 2017