Associate Professor; Faculty of Operations and Supply Chain Management; Inaugural Kjell R. Kudsen Faculty Fellow for Innovation
- PhD in Management Science/Operations Management, McGill University, 2012
- Supply Chain Issues
- DEI in Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Prescriptive Analytics and Algorithm Design
- Machine Learning
- Game Theoretical Models
- Revenue Management
- Operations and Finance/Marketing Interface
- Cai, J., Sun, H., Hu, X., & Zhang, W. (2023). How reverse information sharing supports pricing and sales effort decisions: Signaling game-based incentive mechanism design. Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 177, 108992.
- Rajaguru, R., Matanda, M.J. and Zhang, W. (2022), "Supply chain finance in enhancing supply-oriented and demand-oriented performance capabilities – moderating role of perceived partner opportunism", Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol. 37 No. 11, pp. 2396-2413
- Zhang, X., Hou, W., & Zhang, W. (2020). Simultaneous or sequential? Multihoming launch strategies for mobile applications with consideration of promotion and switching costs. International Journal of Production Research, 1-22.
- Alemu, A., & Zhang, W. (2019). Is Sino-Africa Bilateral Trade More than Resource Focused? The Rhetoric and the Reality. African and Asian Studies, 18(4), 362-394.
- Gu, W., Wei, L., Zhang, W., & Yan, X. (2019). Evolutionary game analysis of cooperation between natural resource- and energy-intensive companies in reverse logistics operations. International Journal of Production Economics, 218, 159-169.
- Zhang, W., Padmanabhan, P., Huang, C.-H. (2018). Firm-level offshoring activities, pollution regulation, triple bottom line, and market structure: What do they have in common? Journal of Cleaner Production, 195, 618–624.
- Zeng, J., Zhang, W., Matsui, Y., & Zhao, X. (2017). The Impact of Organizational Context on Hard and Soft Quality Management and Innovation Performance. International Journal of Production Economics, 185, 240-251
- Qiu C, Zhang W (2016) Managing long queues for holiday sales shopping, Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 15(1), 52–65
- Zhang, W., Padmanabhan, P., Huang, C.-H. (2015). Sequential capital investment decision making under extreme cash flow situations: evidence using Monte Carlo simulation. Journal of Business Economics and Management, 16(5), 877–900.
- Zhang, W., Li, S., Zhang, D., & Hou, W. (2014). On the impact of advertising initiatives in supply chains. European Journal of Operational Research, 234(1), 99-107.
- Tamburrini, G. and W. Zhang (2014). Entrepreneurship in Time of Crisis: The Outsourcing of Services Through Franchise Arrangements in the Italian Food Service Industry. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 17 (1), 28-47.
- Huang, C., Padmanabhan, P., & Zhang, W. (2013). Mitigating the Impact of Managerial Anchoring: The Case for Management by Committee for Major Corporate Financial Decisions. Multinational Finance Journal, 17 (1/2), 1-29.
- Li, S., Zhang, D., & Zhang, W. (2010). A study of corporate social responsibility activities of 12 giant food companies (1980-2008) in promoting healthy food. Obesity Prevention: The Role of Brain and Society on Individual Behavior. Elsevier Inc.
- Optimization and Decision Making
- Decision Making in Operations
- Production and Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Problem Solving and Decision Modeling
- Advanced Decision Modeling
- Applied Research
- Business Intelligence and Analytics