Are you naturally curious and driven to discover solutions to complex problems? Do you enjoy working with numbers and data? Are you interested in a rapidly growing field where you convert data into actionable insights? If so, the Business Analytics major may be a great fit for you.
The Business Analytics major prepares students to provide valuable analytic support for management and strategic decision-making. Students hone their quantitative skills, enhance their understanding of databases and information, and gain access to state-of-the-art software programs. Students can compete in competitions, interface with industry professionals, and utilize real-life data sets.
All undergraduate LSBE students are required to take business and economics core courses and concentration courses related to their major.
- Finance & Accounting
- Business Law
- Information Technology
- Writing & Communications
- Data Visualization
- Spreadsheet Modeling
- Database Management
- Big Data
- Database Design
- Apply appropriate quantitative analytics techniques to solve business problems.
- Generate insights into industry needs, identify trends and business opportunities, and confidently communicate recommendations to organizational stakeholders.
Data analytics is affecting nearly every aspect of our lives and there is increasing demand for graduates with analytic skills.
Business Analytics graduates find exciting career opportunities across all industries in positions such as:
- Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Informatics Specialist
- Build high-quality data-driven quantitative and qualitative analytic models that provide insights fro business decision making.
- Apply different analytic skills to deliver solutions using real-life data to achieve business goals.
- Conceptualize and design data-driven quantitative and qualitative analytic models based on ethical principles.