Are you a self-starter who enjoys setting and meeting challenging goals? Do you thrive working with people in a fast-paced, competitive environment? Do you want to help customers discover effective solutions to their business needs? If so, the Professional Sales major may be a great fit for you.
The Professional Sales major prepares students to build long-term customer relationships and meet top-line revenue and profit margin objectives by becoming effective listeners and problem solvers. Students can participate in mock sales role plays, compete in collegiate-level sales competitions, network with industry professionals, and participate in Sales Club activities.
- Areas of Study
- Sample Plan
- Acquired Skills
- Career Opportunities
- 3M Frontline School
- Program Learning Outcomes
All undergraduate LSBE students are required to take business and economics core courses and concentration courses related to their major.
- Finance & Accounting
- Business Law
- Information Technology
- Writing & Communications
- Sales Analytics
- Fundamentals of Selling
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Strategy & Team Selling
- Organization Buying Behavior
- Develop strong communication skills and selling techniques to create innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Gain experience using customer relationship management systems and data to comprehend unmet needs and facilitate buying decisions.
Every industry sector can benefit from graduates of specialized sales educational programs who possess the necessary skills to be successful.
Professional Sales graduates find fulfilling careers in various industries in roles such as:
- Inside-sales & Outside territory sales
- New business development
- Key account management
- Sales consultant
LSBE is one of only 14 universities nationwide to be given this prestigious distinction. More than a basic internship, 3M’s Frontline Program provides students the opportunity to work for a Fortune 500 company.
The eleven-week program couples a two-week orientation and training period with nine weeks of working in a designated assignment for one of the company’s divisions in one of five business groups: Consumer, Energy and Electronics, Health Care, Industrial, or Safety and Graphics.
Students apply for the 3M Frontline internship during the spring semester. More information on the program can be found here.
- Effectively plan and execute sales presentations in professional sales environments.
- Build compelling sales recommendations based on business insights developed from key metrics calculations.