Take Your Professor to Lunch
You are here
Getting to know your LSBE faculty is a great way to not only succeed in the class, but also network and gain insight into the field. We will pick up the bill when you take your LSBE professor to lunch.
Here's the step-by-step process:
- Up to two LSBE students can attend a lunch session with an LSBE professor.
- Talk to an LSBE professor that you'd like to get to know better and find out if they'd be willing to participate.
- Decide on a lunch date with your LSBE professor. Remember that you will need to apply at least a week in advance!
- Pick a place to eat. All UMD dining facilities are eligible locations.
- One LSBE student gathers all of the necessary information and submits the request form on behalf of the group.
Allow up to one week for processing your application.
You will receive an email with your confirmation upon approval and will get further instructions on where to pick up your meal voucher.
The LSBE professor picks up the meal vouchers (valid for $10 per person) at the location specified in the confirmation email.
Meet at the restaurant you selected, and enjoy your lunch with your LSBE professor!
LSBE students complete the online Evaluation Form within one business day of the lunch.
The request form will ask for:
- requested lunch date
- dining location
- faculty name and email
- names and emails of students
Rules and Requirements
Up to LSBE two students may participate in a lunch session with an LSBE faculty member.
An LSBE student may attend up to three lunch sessions a semester, provided they are with different LSBE faculty members.
An LSBE faculty member may attend up to ten lunch sessions a semester.
LSBE students/faculty are responsible for lunch costs exceeding $10 per person.
Once the program budget is exhausted for the semester, further requests for lunch vouchers may be denied.
LSBE faculty are not required to accept lunch invitations. They may have other obligations.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.