Are you a natural leader? Would you like to motivate others or help employees hold a shared vision for an organization? Do you thrive working in a team setting or aspire to help others perform more effectively and feel valued? If so, the Management major may be a great fit for you.
The Management major trains students to facilitate the work of others to ensure organizational goals are accomplished. Students learn to make strategic decisions and direct the skills and efforts of people within an organization. Students can network on campus with business professionals, join the Management Club, and take on leadership roles in student-run initiatives.
All undergraduate LSBE students are required to take business and economics core courses and concentration courses related to their major.
- Finance & Accounting
- Business Law
- Information Technology
- Writing & Communications
- Strategic Management
- Ethical Management
- Organizational Design
- Sustainable Management
- Teamwork Skills
- Utilize knowledge of organizations, leadership, and the external environment to make informed managerial decisions.
- Understand team dynamics and accomplish group and organizational goals by leading others.
Management majors enter careers with responsibility and opportunities to develop and demonstrate leadership skills.
Graduates find exciting career opportunities in roles such as:
- Managers & Administrators
- Project Managers & Team Leaders
- Consultants & Analysts
- Development Managers
- Operations Managers
- Apply appropriate organization-level theories to evaluate issues confronting organizations and develop appropriate and effective solutions.
- Apply appropriate team-and individual-level theories to evaluate issues confronting work teams and employees and develop appropriate and effective solutions.
- Synthesize qualitative and/or quantitative information from the internal (including but not limited to other organizational functions) and external environments to make managerial decisions.