Getting to know your LSBE faculty is a great way to not only succeed in the class but also network and gain insight into the field. We will pick up the bill when you take your LSBE professor to lunch.
Here's the step-by-step process:
- Confirm the professor is participating in the program this semester, available here.
- Confirm a date with your LSBE professor prior to filling out the request form. Apply at least one week in advance!
- Up to two LSBE students can attend a lunch session with an LSBE professor.
- Pick a place to eat. All UMD dining facilities are eligible locations.
- One LSBE student submits the request form on behalf of the group.
Allow up to one week for processing your request. You will receive an email confirmation upon approval.
Vouchers, valid for $10 per person, will be delivered to the LSBE professor on the Monday the week of your session.
Meet at the restaurant you selected and enjoy lunch with your LSBE professor!
To receive Passport credit, LSBE students must complete the online Evaluation Form within one business day of the lunch.
The request form will ask for:
- requested lunch date
- dining location
- professor name and email
- names and emails of students
Rules and Requirements
Up to two LSBE undergraduate or graduate students may participate in a lunch session with an LSBE faculty member.
An LSBE student may attend up to three lunch sessions a semester, provided they are with different LSBE faculty members.
An LSBE faculty member may attend up to ten lunch sessions a semester.
LSBE students/faculty are responsible for lunch costs exceeding $10 per person.
Once the program budget is exhausted for the semester, further requests for lunch vouchers may be denied.
LSBE faculty are not required to accept lunch invitations. They may have other obligations.
If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected]