Professor; Faculty of Human Resource Management
- Ph.D. in Industrial Relations and Human Resources from the University of Toronto
- Strategic HRM
- Diversity Issues in the Workplace and Employment Relations
- Ren, Y., L. Xiu, and A. B. Hietapelto (in press) “Dare to ask in front of others? Women initiating salary negotiations”, Journal of Economic Psychology.
- Xiu, L., and Y. Ren (forthcoming) “Gain or loss? The well-being of women in self-employment,” Frontiers in Psychology.
- Xiu, L., and M. Gunderson (2021) “Does an entrepreneurial career pay for women in China?” British Journal of Industrial Relations, 59(1), 167-190.
- Liang, Xin, L. Xiu, W. Fang, & S. Wu (2020). “How did a local guerrilla turn into a global gorilla? Learning how transformational change happened under dynamic capabilities from the rise of Huawei.” Journal of Organizational Change Management, 33(2), 401-414.
- Xiu, L., F. Lu, and X. Liang (2019) “Legitimized identity vs. identifiable legitimacy: Towards a theoretical framework of the relationship between organizational identity and organizational legitimacy,” Nankai Business Review International, 11(1), 102-120.
- Xiu, L., K. Dauner, and C. McIntosh (2019) “The impact of organizational support for employees’ health on organizational commitment, intent to remain and job performance,” Evidence -Based HRM, 7(3), 281-299.
- Goel, S., L. Xiu, S. Hanson, & R. J. Jones III (2019). “HR flexibility in family firms: Integrating family functioning and family business leadership.” Organization Management Journal, 16(4), 311-323.
- Feng, H. , L. Xiu, and Y. Ren (2019), “The effect of sex and gender role orientation on coping among Americans and Chinese: Does ‘secure’ matter?”, China Media Research, 15(3), 18-32.
- Dauner, K, C. McIntosh, and L. Xiu (2019) “Determinants of workplace health program participation among non, low, and incentive-achieving participants,” Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, 34(2), 111-128.
- Xiu, L., X. Liang, Z. Chen, and W. Xu (2017), Strategic Flexibility, Innovative HR Practices, and Firm Performance-A Moderated Mediation Model. Personnel Review.
- Liang, X., L. Xiu, S. Wu, and S. Zhang (2017), In Search of Sustainable Legitimacy of Private Firms in China, Chinese Management Studies. 11(3), pp. 555-578.
- Feng, H. and L. Xiu, (2016), The Effects of Sex and Gender Role Orientation on Approach-Based Coping Strategies Across Cultures: A Moderated Mediation Model, Communication Quarterly. 65(4), pp. 96-622.
- Xiu, L. & M. Gunderson (2015), Occupational Segregation and The Gender Earnings Gap in China: Devils in the Details, International Journal of Manpower. 36(5), pp. 711-732.
- Kang, G., Xiu, L. & Roline, A. (2015), How Do Interviewers Respond to Applicants’ Initiation of Salary Negotiation? An Exploratory Study on the Role of Gender & Personality, Evidence-Based HRM. 3(2), pp. 145-158.
- Xiu, L. & M. Gunderson, (2014), Glass Ceiling or Sticky Floor? Quantile Regression Decomposition of the Gender Pay Gap in China, International Journal of Manpower. 35(3), pp. 306-326.
- Xiu, L. & M. Gunderson, (2013). Performance Pay in China: Gender Aspects. British Journal of Industrial Relations. 51(1): 124-147.
- Xiu, L. & M. Gunderson, (2013), Credential Effects and Returns to Education in China, Labour: Review of Labour Economics and Industrial Relations. 27 (2), pp. 225-248.
- Xiu, L. & M. Gunderson, (2013). Gender Earnings Differences in China: Base Pay, Performance Pay and Total Pay. Contemporary Economic Policy. 31(1): 235-254.
- Xiu, L. (2013). The Gender Gap in Top Corporate Jobs in China: Evidence from an Establishment-Manager Matched Survey. Evidence-Based HRM. 1(1).
- Human Resource Management
- HR Analytics
- Labor Relations
- HR Challenges (MBA)