Top 10 Reasons to Attend LSBE
You are here
- You will get an education from a school that continually attains and maintains extremely high standards and goals, as LSBE is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB International), the premier business school accrediting agency in the world.
- You will have the opportunity to attain financial assistance, as LSBE offers approximately 140 scholarships each year.
- You will be taught by faculty members themselves – not student teacher’s assistants (TAs) - who are extremely knowledgeable and have advanced degrees in their fields. Plus, eight LSBE faculty members have received the prestigious all-university Horace T. Morse Alumni Teaching Award.
- You will benefit from small class sizes that allow more opportunities for class discussions and building relationships with faculty. The average upper division class size is 42 students; most major classes have 35 students.
- You will have a choice of several degrees with many majors and minors and combinations thereof, as LSBE offers a Master's in Business Administration (MBA) Degree, a Bachelor of Accounting Degree, a Bachelor of Arts in Economics, and a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with majors in Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Financial Markets, Health Care Management, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Marketing and Graphic Design, and Organizational Management.
- You will form strong peer relationships, as most upper division business courses are taught in the same building.
- You will have the opportunity to gain hands-on, active learning experience, as LSBE offers a variety of internships, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, faculty-assisted research projects, an actual investment portfolio that you may oversee, and many more real-world business activities.
- You will learn from successful businesses leaders, as LSBE partners with the Duluth Area Chamber of Commerce for hands-on student to business interactions and annually sponsors the Distinguished Speaker Series, featuring acclaimed alumni and entrepreneurs, who are invited to classes, engage in panel discussions, create networking opportunities, and provide lectures on important business topics.
- You will learn in one of UMD's newest buildings, as LSBE offers the latest technologies and classroom design. It is one of the most environmentally friendly buildings in the state attaining a Gold certification by the United States Green Building Council in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.
- You will graduate from a school with a stellar placement record. LSBE had a 97% placement rate for the graduating class of 2015-2016.