Prior to Fall 2017 Passport Requirements
You are here
The requirements for the Passport Program are to be completed throughout a student's academic career. These requirements are NOT intended to be completed within a year.
Group A - Extracurricular Engagement (Complete 5 activities) Be sure to include your student ID!
These activities will give students the foundation for engaging in their community, as well as embracing diversity in the workplace. Students must complete 5 of the following:
- Attend a student club meeting
- Attend a Leadership Workshop in the Kirby Leadership Institute
- Attend a cultural diversity event (e.g., events organized by the Multi-Cultural Center)*
- Attend a Brown Bag Lunch (e.g., events organized by the Alworth Institute)*
- Attend LSBE Distinguished Speaker Series event*
- Actively participate in a student organization
- Attend an invited speaker talk organized by LSBE*
- Attend a Conference* (attend one or more sessions; e.g. LSBE Entrepreneurship Conference)
- Other approved activities*
- Engaging in Continuous Learning*
- Attend a Cultural Diversity event sponsored by LSBE Unit Change team*
- Attend an event that supports an understanding and appreciation of differences among others*
- Completion of Excel Workshop Series 1
- Completion of Excel Workshop Series 2
Group B - Professional Preparedness (Complete 5 activities)
To prepare students for the business world, these activities allow students to develop the necessary skills to enhance their personal and professional development. Students must complete 5 of the following:
- Attend a Career Services workshop*
- Attend a Study Abroad information session
- Attend a job fair or internship fair or an Expo*
- Attend an information session* (i.e., MGD, FMP, Internship, Club Fair)
- Attend a UROP information session
- Participate in College Connection
- Complete a mock interview
- Complete an information interview*
- Attend a networking event (e.g., events organized by FUSE Duluth)*
- Participate in “Dress for Success” event
- Participate in “Dining for Success” event
- Attend a recruiting event*
- Other approved activities*
- Advanced Continuous Learning Opportunities*
- Complete a Take Back College Leadership Workshop
- Lunch With Your Professor
- Volunteering for an LSBE Event, i.e. Entrepreneurship Conference or Modeling for Dress for Success event, etc.
Group C - Experiential Immersion (Complete 1 activity)
By completing activities in this area, students receive hands-on experience that supplements their class-room education. Students must complete at least 1 of the following:
- Complete a Study Abroad short term or semester program
- Participate in an SBI project
- Complete an internship with the LSBE internship program
- Serve as an officer in a student organization
- Complete 40 hours of community service
- Complete a UROP project
- Participate in a regional competition related to your major
- Earn professional certification in your discipline
- Serve on a collegiate or campus committee
- Other approved activities
- Participate in mentorship program
- Provide leadership to UMD students through participation in a campus-wide program
- Certification of Excel Workshop Series 1 & 2
- Activities marked with a * can be repeated for two stamps for that category.
- Activities from Group C can be used in Categories A and B.
- Transfer students with 45 or more credits are expected to complete A+B=5, C=1.
- Accounting students are strongly encouraged to complete more career-focused activities.