You are here
Register Now to Attend the Highly Acclaimed UMD Entrepreneurship Conference
The third annual student run UMD Entrepreneurship Conference brings an array of high caliber speakers along with some break-out workshops and a panel of distinguished entrepreneurs to the UMD Kirby Ballroom on Tuesday, October 17, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
What set’s the UMD Entrepreneurship Conference apart is that it is entirely student run.
"Our planning committee consists of 20 motivated and passionate UMD students,” said Conference Co-Director Andrew Achter. “We have been working hard to make this conference another success."
Achter, an LSBE senior majoring in Marketing and Graphic Design, along with Brandon Colucci, an LSBE senior majoring in Marketing Analytics have been putting in long hours as co-directors of the event.
This year’s speakers include
- George Goldfarb, president and CEO of maurices
- Christopher Swanson, CEO of PureDriven and Mayor of Two Harbors, MN
- Shelly DeMotte Kramer, CEO and founder of V3Broadsuite and founder and principal analyst of Futurum
- Mandy Abdo Sheahan, co-owner/operator of Saguaro MX/AZ Cuisine and Big Fat Bacon, Minnesota State Fair
- Chad Allen Tafs Sr, founder and CEO of Total Pro Flooring LLC.
A Company Culture Panel will feature entrepreneurial founders
- Clint Agar, CEO of Duluth Running Company
- Karine Woodman, owner of 24hr Bookkeeper
- Luke Riordan, CEO of DAYTA Marketing.
In addition, there will be two professional workshops on topics of “Growing a Network Through Non-Profit Leadership” and “How to Start an Entrepreneurial Community.” Kartina Pierson, co-founder and principal of Vela Strategy, and Jamie Sundsbak, community manager of Collider Coworking, will be leading these workshops.
"The day-long UMD Entrepreneurship Conference is a forum that features successful local, regional and national entrepreneurs,” said Colucci. “This offers a platform for the students and the community to hear and learn from entrepreneurial leaders who will share different perspectives on how to run, start, and grow a business venture,”
Started in 2015 from UMD LSBE Dean Amy Hietapelto’s inspiration, the completely student-run conference is guided by Nicole Wilde, Instructor in LSBE’s Department of Marketing.
The conference is open to the public. Registration is required for everyone attending and spots are limited. Students may attend for free with a valid college I.D, but they must register online at www.lsbeconference.com. LSBE’s website is www.d.umn.edu.