You are here
As part of the Labovitz MBA admission process, we carefully consider each applicant's complete application (including undergraduate GPA, GMAT or GRE score, years of full-time work experience, professional goals, and completion of formal education or training in foundation/prerequisite areas). In order to be admitted to the Labovitz MBA program:
- All applicants must have an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university. (This requirement is waived only for students who are currently undergraduates in the Labovitz School and applying through the Integrated Undergraduate/Graduate (IUG) Option.)
- The preferred undergraduate GPA for admittance to the program is 3.0 (on a 4-point scale). (Students who are currently undergraduates in the Labovitz School must have a minimum 3.3 GPA in order to be accepted into the IUG Option.)
- All applicants must take the GMAT, GRE, or one of the exceptions listed below. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a standardized exam designed to predict how test takers will perform academically in MBA programs. A GMAT (or GRE) score is required for all applicants except:
- Applicants who have successfully passed the CPA exam;
- Applicants to the PharmD/MBA Dual Career Program who have completed the PCAT with percentile scores at or above the 50th percentile in the two sections related to critical reading and quantitative reasoning;
- Applicants who have been accepted into the program through the IUG Option;
- Applicants with a prior graduate degree from an accredited institution (see college for specific details).
A holistic review of GPA, GMAT/GRE score, prior work experience, and other relevant factors is undertaken to determine admission eligibility. Other requirements to be completed before admission:
Students need to demonstrate competency in mathematics as well as the business foundation areas of Accounting, Economics, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Management, and Statistics through BUS or PMBA courses, other undergraduate business coursework, or competency tests. Students must consult with the MBA Director to determine competency fulfillment.
Students with exceptional academic records may apply for early admission prior to completion of the foundation/prerequisite coursework. You can find the early admissions policy here.
Start an application today! You can start it today and continue adding as you gather all the pieces. Application materials must be submitted online.
Application Deadlines and Materials:
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer Semester: April 1
You must submit the following by the deadline:
- A Completed Application Form,
- Unofficial Transcripts (submitted online) from all institutions attended,
- GMAT/GRE score,
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae,
- Personal Statement and Diversity Statement,
- Application Fee,
- and, if an International Applicant, English Language Proficiency documentation (see below).
*Letters of Recommendation are only required if directly requested by our program on an individual basis.
We require international applicants to have a first university degree that is comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree, which means a degree requiring 3-4 years of post-baccalaureate university study.
English Language Proficiency:
All applicants who are not native English speakers are required to take an English language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB), regardless of citizenship status. If the applicant has completed the last two years of their undergraduate degree or one year of graduate school in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, Canada or New Zealand, they are exempt from this requirement. Please visit the Graduate School's English Language Proficiency page for detailed and official information about requirements. For your convenience we have included some information below:
- a TOEFL score 79 (with a minimum writing subscore of 21 and a minimum reading subscore of 19) OR
- an IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum writing subscore of 6.5 and a minimum reading subscore of 6.5) OR
- a MELAB score of 80 OR
- a PTE or Cambridge Assessment Exam.
Note: We must receive an official score report directly from the TOEFL or IELTS testing service. Photocopies of score reports are not accepted.