You are here
As part of the Labovitz MBA admission process, we carefully consider each applicant's complete application (including undergraduate GPA, GMAT, GRE score, years of full-time work experience, professional goals, and completion of formal education or training in foundation/prerequisite areas). To be admitted to the Labovitz MBA program, all applicants must present evidence of having:
- Earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university;
- Achieved satisfactory scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (or GRE or PCAT as described below); and
- Made satisfactory progress in completing the required foundation/ prerequisite coursework.
Students with exceptional academic records may apply for early admission prior to completion of the foundation/prerequisite coursework. You can find the early admissions policy here.
Generally, the desired standards for admission to the Labovitz MBA program include:
- An overall undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4-point scale);
- An overall GMAT score at the 50th percentile or above (approximately 550);
- Two years of full-time work experience.
Performance on the above standards, as well as the type of full-time work experience, professional goals, and completion of formal education or training in foundation/prerequisite areas are considered and balanced as part of the admission decision. Strong credentials in other areas may balance failure to meet the desired levels in one specific area.
Application materials must be submitted online through the ApplyYourself website. The application is available at: https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=UMN-GRAD.
A completed application form, unofficial* transcripts (submitted online) from all institutions attended, GMAT/GRE score, a current resume or vita, personal statement, and other materials (see information for International Applicants below) must be received by July 15 for the start of fall semester, by November 1 for the start of spring semester and by May 15 for summer semester.
*If admitted, you will be prompted to send official transcripts prior to enrollment.
We require international applicants to have a first university degree that is comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree, which means a degree requiring 3-4 years of post-baccalaureate university study.
English Language Proficiency
All applicants who are not native English speakers are required to take an English language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB), regardless of citizenship status.
- a TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper exam), 213 (computer exam), or 79 (IBT; with minimum scores of 21, 19, 20 and 19 in the writing, reading, speaking and listening sections respectively) OR
- an IELTS score of 6.5.
We must receive an official score report directly from the TOEFL or IELTS testing service. Photocopies of score reports are not accepted. See FAQ for more information.