You are here
Ormonde R. Cragun, Ph.D.
I started at the University of Minnesota, Duluth in 2018 after completing my Ph.D. in Management with an emphasis in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources at the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina.
My research seeks to understand how people impact business performance. My research focuses on three areas: the impact of executives, the effects of compensation, and how human capital (the combination of an individual's knowledge, skills, attributes, and other characteristics) is developed and combines together between multiple Individuals.
Prior to pursuing a Ph.D. I served as the VP of Organizational Effectiveness at Conservice. Before Conservice I held various leadership positions at Bell Helicopter Textron including Director of HR Strategy, Senior HR Business Partner, Director of Continuous Improvement, and Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
I have a Master's Degree in Organizational Behavior from Brigham Young University and a Bachelors of Arts in Management and Human Resources from Utah State University. I rejuvenate through spending time in the outdoors with family and friends. I particularly enjoy mountaineering and am constantly training to improve my conditioning and skills. Most years I venture to the Tetons.
- 2018, Ph.D. in Management & Organizational Behavior and Human Resources, University of ;South Carolina
- 1997, Master's in Organizational Behavior, Brigham Young University
- 1995, Bachelors of Arts in Management and Human Resources, Utah State University.
- The impact of executives
- The effects of compensation
- The emergence of human capital
- Nyberg, A. J., Maltarich, M. A., Abdulsalam, D., Essman, S., Cragun, O. R. (2018). Collective Pay: A Cross-Disciplinary, Cross-Level Theoretical and Empirical Integration and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Management, 44(6): 2433-2472.
- Cragun, O. R., Nyberg, A. J., & Wright, P. M. (2016). CEO Succession: What we know and where to go. Journal of Organizational Effectiveness: People and Performance, 3(3): 222–264.
- Ployhart, R. E., & Cragun, O. R. (2017). Collective human capital complementarities. In D. Collings, K. Mellahi, & W. F. Cascio (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Talent Management. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Nyberg, A. J., Schepker, D. J., Wright, P. M, & Cragun, O. R. (2017). Succession planning: Talent management’s forgotten but critical tool. In D. Collings, K. Mellahi, & W. F. Cascio (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Talent Management. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Ployhart, R. E., & Cragun, O. R. (2017). Multilevel modeling: Theory and practice. In. S. Rogelberg (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Introduction to Human Resource Management (MGTS 3801)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (MGTS 4871)
- Training and Development (MGTS 4841)