You are here
Geoff Bell, Ph.D.
Associate Professor; Faculty of Strategy
- Ph.D Strategic Management - Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota (1999)
- M.B.A. - University of Manitoba (1993)
- B.A. Accounting - University of Manitoba (1983)
- The influence of geography and networks on firm performance
- The teaching of strategic management
- The role of radical management theory and virtue theory on management
- Bell, G.G. and L. Rochford (2016). "Rediscovering SWOT's integrative nature: A new understanding of an old framework," International Journal of Management Education, 14:310-326.
- Bell, G.G. and J. David (2015). "What if corporate governance fostered executive dignity," Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 17(4):30-45.
- Bell, G., Deng, S. (2013). Beyond clusters: How regional geographic signature affects firm value and risk. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 30(2), 71-85. Runner up for 2013 best paper at CJAS.
- Bell, G., Lai, F., Li, D. (2012). Firm orientation, community of practice, and Internet-enabled interfirm communication: Evidence from Chinese firms. Journal of Strategic Information Systems.
- Bell, G., Dyck, B. (2012). Conventional resource-based theory and its radical alternative: A less materialistic and individualistic approach to strategy. Journal of Business Ethics, 99(Supplement 1), 121-130.
- Bell, G., Zaheer, A. (2007). Geography, Networks, and Knowledge Flow. Organization Science, 18, 955-972. http://orgsci.journal.informs.org/content/vol18/issue6/index.dtl
- Zaheer, A., Bell, G. (2005). Benefiting from Network Position: Firm Capabilities, Structural Holes, and Performance. Strategic Management Journal, 26, 809-825.
- Goel, S., Bell, G.G. and Pierce, J.L. (2005). "The Perils of Pollyanna: Development of the Over-Trust Construct," Journal of Business Ethics, 58:203-218, 27 Google Scholar cites.
- Bell, G.G. (2005). "The Influence of Clusters and Networks on Canadian Mutual Fund Company Innovation," Strategic Management Journal, 26:287-295, 655 Google Scholar cites.
- Albert, S.A. and Bell, G.G. (2002). "Timing and Music," Academy of Management Review, 27(4):574-593, 45 Google Scholar cites.
- Bell, G.G., Oppenheimer, R.J., and Bastien, A. (2002). "Trust Deterioration in an International Buyer-Supplier Relationship," Journal of Business Ethics, 36:65-78, 112 Google Scholar cites.
- Mossman, C.E., Bell, G.G., Turtle, H., and Swartz, L.M. (1998). "An Empirical Comparison of Bankruptcy Models," The Financial Review, 33: 35-54, 234 Google Scholar cites.
- Strategic Management
- Sustainable Management
- Business Ethics