You are here
Amy Hietapelto, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Business Administration (Organization Studies) from the University of Minnesota Twin Cities (1997)
- Pedagogical/curricular issues in management education
- Organizational change management
- Legal implications of college/university policies and practices
- Teamwork & Diversity
- Reinsch, R.W., Ross, W.H., Hietapelto, A.B. (2016). Employer's Use of Social Media in Employment Decisions: Risk of Discrimination Lawsuits. Current Topics in Management, 18.
- Goltz, S.M., Hietapelto, A. B. (2013) Translating the Social Watch Gender Diversity Index for University Use. Change, May/June.
- Reinsch, R.W., Titus, M.K. & Hietapelto, A. B. (2011) Passing the buck in tenure decisions: The increasing risk of judicial intervention under the Equal Protection Clause. Journal of Legal Studies in Business, Vol.17, 86-105.
- Roberge, M.E., Lewicki, R.J., Hietapelto, A.B., and A. Abdyldaeva (2011). From theory to practice: Recommending supportive diversity practices. Journal of Diversity Management, Vol. 6(2).
- Goltz, S.M., Hietapelto, A.B., Reinsch, R.W., & Tyrell, S.K. (2008) Teaching teamwork and problem solving concurrently. Journal of Management Education, Vol. 32(5), 541-562, lead article.
- Served as the Dean of the College of Business and Management at Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, 2009-2013.
- Previously taught at Michigan Technological University and Clarkson University.
- Winner of numerous teaching awards